2014 European Parliament Election
In the elections to the European Parliament in 2014 TOP 09 got 4 seats (15,95 %) which was the second best result in the country. Luděk Niedermayer, Jiří Pospíšil, Stanislav Polčák and Jaromír Štětina became members of the European Parliament.
Values, Topics and Candidates
TOP 09 takes the view that the Czech Republic is an integral part of the European Union. We are Europe, changing her and she us . We consider harmful the approach "us and them". The events of recent days tell us how important elections to the European Parliament will be, even in relation to the protection of human rights in Europe. TOP 09 offers the only long-term self-confident and consistent European policy. We are part of the biggest European political family and together with our partners, we want to contribute to the solution of current common challenges.
The TOP 09 wants to defend the interests of Czech citizens through these priority topics:
- Common secure financial market and deposit protection
- Clear and simple European legislation
- Environmental Protection
- Protection of human rights
The candidate list of the TOP 09 and Mayors offers for these priority topics experienced and internationally recognized personalities . These candidates are not burdened with service to the communist regime or service to private interests as paid lobbyists. They proved sufficient qualification, competence and dedication to the values of European civilisation in their current practice.
The front of the candidate list of the TOP 09 and Mayors is therefore composed as follows:
- RNDr. Luděk Niedermayer, former longtime Central Bank Vice-Governor, an internationally recognized authority in the field of economics and capital markets
- JUDr. Jiří Pospíšil, former Minister of Justice, the Chairman of the Council of Ministers of Justice of the EU, Dean of the Faculty of Law
- JUDr. Stanislav Polčák, former President of the Constitutional Law Committee, MP and a renowned lawyer
- prof. Dr. Ing. Bořivoj Šarapatka, CSc., an internationally recognized authority in the field of environmental protection, Member of the International Federation of Soil Sciences and a member of the International Association for Landscape Ecology
- Ing. Jaromír Štětina, documentarist, tireless fighter for human rights, Senator